When I was in high school, I used to get average marks. I would promise to work harder next time but to no avail. The only subject that was a hell to me was christened ‘Mathematics’ by our forefathers. Whether its definition is the study of numbers or playing with figures and values, I don’t know. I did something different and far from that in the university. That notwithstanding, I had to pass in the tough subject that many shunned as one would do a leprotic person.
I remember when we were doing end term exam a day before our holiday break. I was homesick and that was the only paper that was between me and the break. That simple fact made my heart palpitate incessantly sending thrilling feelings of extreme ecstasy down my nerves from wherever they pass through.
I sat alone with the paper staring before me. It didn’t change colour nor showed that it cared a little no matter how hard I looked at it. I shifted my gaze to the ceiling board but I couldn’t find the answers to the questions therein the paper. My mind then consulted with the brain if they could have a walk. My brain without bearing in mind that there was a paper before it, immediately accepted the luring break from tedious thinking. My mind then wandered as far as home. It then started simple calculations of how much profit I could make if I started a project while still young as I was. I wonder how the mind found it easy doing such sums but would take longer loading and processing the same in the question paper.
“You have twenty five minutes remaining”, Our Invigilator announced through his hoarse but authoritative voice. This ended the mind’s break abruptly. I schemed through the questions I had not done and surprisingly but expectedly, they were more than half the questions I had attempted. I don’t know what took me back to read the instructions which normally one starts with. I didn’t move away from the last instruction which was in bold unusually. It read, “Attempt all questions.” This gave me hope and restored calm in me. “After all the instructions are clear that I attempt all questions.” My mind was then playing pranks on me that I could even submit the paper then because I had already fulfilled what I was asked of.
In disagreement with my mind, I decided to do one more question which carried ten marks. This came to me as a shock. I thought and thought of how to maneuver my way out through the question but I reached a dead end. Just like the normal, “the subscriber you are calling cannot be reached now, please try later” messages, I received a message too from the other end.
I was sending commands to the central processing unit but was not responding. After several attempts of cracking and hacking my brain, a rude message came through, “Processing of the question failed, please try another question.” A little satirical voice followed closely with, “You can try the same question at a later time. Am sure you’ll get the answer.”
Puzzled with these messages racing through my brain, I was almost giving in to attempting another question which started like a narrative without any symbolic value in it, when our invigilator relieved me by saying, “Time is up. Stand and collect your papers!” I reluctantly gave out my quarter way done paper.
When the results for the same came out the following term, I had failed but average in class ranking. It was then that I received a weird message from the brain, “You are the one who decided to get these marks.” I didn’t want to interrupt with the flow of thoughts. A lecture I would call continued, “You are contented with average. That’s how I have been programmed. It started the day you changed my code, ‘I must get the best’ to ‘after all no one cares and I will pass’. You allowed the deadly virus to enter your system and delete some necessary files for the running of the system. The sole reason why at times you receive dead end messages is because of the same. The only best files still remaining are the ones with extension **.avg (for average). The good thing is that you have the power within you to change the extension to read **.best/excellent and you will instead of receiving heartbreaking messages, receive something encouraging like, ‘You can do better than this. Give it another try.’ You will have soothing messages like, ‘you are the best and you must prove that. Giving up is cowardice. The measure of how resilient and persistent you are is not in the immediate outcome but in the long lasting results. Time is the constant parameter here. Remember…” The sequence of thoughts was cut short by the mathematics teacher calling me out to get my share of canes for dropping from the previous mark.
I am not narrating a story, I am simply trying to show you how you might have programmed your brain to accept only the average and throw up the best. I am trying to show you how you can be the best you can be. The power is within you. The brain only works with the codes written unto it. How many of us believe they cannot be the best? Several and you might be one of them.
If you teach your brain to be contented with average marks, average life and average everything, it will write all of its files to end with the extension **.avg just like the way a computer saves its files with different extensions, one of the being **.doc (for a document). An attempt to save a file with the extension **.best with crush the system or slow the system and send constant annoying pop up messages of, “the file you are trying to save is not compatible with the system specifications”, “the file is too large for this memory”, “please upgrade your system for the best results”, “the operation cannot be completed now”.
How to solve this problem is simple. Believe that you are the best. God never created junk people and He will never create some. The Bible talks of how fearfully and wonderfully you and I were created. When God looked at the rest of creation before creating man, He saw that it was good. When it was time to create man, He took time creating some being taking His likeness and who was to be given authority to rule over other creatures. This is just wonderful thing to know. God would not take His precious time creating a junk, a good-for-nothing individual. He would not have created everything else good and ended His creative work with a poor subject.
He went ahead giving us freedom: the power of choice. We have the power therefore within us to be what we want to be. The directions of getting the best are crystal clear and none of us is deficient of sight to realize this. The sudden blindness is not caused by taking illegal brews but by abuse and manipulation of the mind. It is caused by the wrong choices that you make. You are the own cause.
If you are happy with average life, just getting what you can without struggle, then I am not. I am tired of mediocre life. How it doesn’t give me the best results. How it denies me the chance to see myself in the best being I can be. How it will always send me annoying messages when I try something novel. How it will always condemn me and put off the little hope of the light at the end of the tunnel.
If you are tired of mediocre life like me, you need to start today, NOW not LATER. You have to decide before you start on deleting average files from your system otherwise you will get, “file integrity is violated” or rather, “the disk is write-protected” messages.
When you decide to do something, even the atmosphere conspires to make it happen. When you are set to do something, even the brain is ready to work with you only if you provide it with a copy of what you want to do. You should not give your brain an option to choose whether to do or not what you are intending to do. It will apply the law of the path of least resistance which has always been the safest and easy path to tread along. The message you write to the system should be clear and underlined that, “I want to do this. I must do it!”  Giving the brain optional statements will drain your energy. Don’t ask the brain if you can do something because it will tell you how small you are before the task. It will go on telling you of several other people probably greater than you who didn’t manage the same. It will in the best of advice tell you of how you didn’t manage the last time after using many resources. It will take part in changing your gaze to the path of least resistance that the body will be more than willing to use.
Decide today and change the programming code of your brain for the best results. Give a try and you will witness to others the wonderful changes in your life. It’s a personal thing. You don’t have to consult if you are tired of leading an average life. Don’t ask even your brain if changing is the better option because the definite answer will be based on the current coding system.

Post a Comment

Author Name

{picture#YOUR_PROFILE_PICTURE_URL} YOUR_PROFILE_DESCRIPTION {facebook#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {twitter#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {google#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {pinterest#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL}

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.